HGSA 41st Annual Scientific Meeting
- CALL FOR ABSTRACTS - NOW OPEN
- EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION - NOW OPEN
- The Exhibition is now fully booked! View a list of sponsors here
On behalf of the Local Organising Committee we invite you to join us for the 41st Human Genetics Society of Australasia (HGSA) Annual Scientific Meeting to be held at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre, in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia on 5-8 August 2017.
The theme for the conference is “Next Generation: Coming of Age”. We plan to explore the genetics of chronic and common diseases associated with ageing.
The conference promises to be an exciting meeting with strong scientific content, covering various aspects of human genetics and genomics, including sessions around the following topics:
- The genetics of chronic and common diseases associated with ageing
- Cancer genetics
- Genetics for non-genetic health professionals
- Cognitive decline and dementia
The Local Organising Committee and the Scientific Program Committee are assembling a cast of renowned scientists and clinicians from home and abroad to explore these themes from both an Australian and International perspective. In addition, there will be an Education theme on the first day of the conference for GPs and non-genetic health professionals on the genetics behind chronic and common diseases associated with ageing.
- Professor Rossa W.K. Chiu, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Professor David Glahn, Yale University School of Medicine, USA
- Professor Raoul Hennekam, University of Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Dr Jehannine Austin, University of British Columbia, Canada
- Dr Jan Hoeijmakers, Cancer Genomics Centre, Erasmus University, Netherlands
We look forward to welcoming you to Brisbane!
Local Organising Committee
- Chair: Ms Lemise Kassim – Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology
- Secretary: Dr Larisa Haupt - Institute of Health and Biomedical Innovation, QUT
- Treasurer: Dr David Fairbairn – Pathology Queensland
- ASGC: Ms Melanie Boon - ASGC representative, Genetic Health Queensland
- ASGC: Ms Linda Wornham - Genetic Health Queensland
- AACG: Dr Michael Gabbett - AACG & EESIC Committee Representative, Genetic Health Queensland
- ASDG: Miss Charmaine Pollock - ASDG Representative, Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology